Friday, July 12, 2013

Lola's Christening

Little lovebug was baptized last month and it was a sweet little ceremony. Afterwards we had a reception at the house with our closest friends and family. The festivities were small, for us, and it was so nice to just be able to relax and enjoy the day.

{ big girl on her big day }

{ the reception spread }

The church was hot as hell (no pun intended) and the baby was quite sweaty by the time it was our turn to go up to the pulpit. I almost dropped her into the bowl of holy water, which surely would have qualified me as mother of the year. At least I'd know the baptism really took.


{ with her godparents }

{ four generations of my husband's family }

  { best picture we could muster of the five of us, good enough }

Lola's godmother got her a beautiful jewelery box engraved with a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson -- her namesake. I know it is something she'll always treasure. Her godparents were each of our best friends and it means so much to me that we have friends that have become like our family. I have visions of Lola calling her godmother up in years to come to bail her out of things "without telling mom". I couldn't think of a better person to have in her life forever.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover