Friday, March 5, 2010

I Did It

It took me three weeks of measuring my food and hitting the gym and testing my willpower. But I did it! I am finally back down to my pre-IF weight. Which means I am halfway to my goal of getting back down to my pre-wedding weight. I couldn't be happier. Normally this isn't something I would celebrate because I don't want to seem like a crazy person or an egomaniac. But dude, I just measured my peanut butter with a tablespoon for 21 days. I deserve to be excited.

For the first time in months I actually believe my body is capable of doing things. That it is strong and powerful. Last night in Bikram I was able to do Dandayamana-Bibhaktapada-Paschimotthanasana (and in English I mean Standing Separate Leg Stretching Pose) or basically this


and my forehead almost touched the ground. I know if you do yoga that means nothing to you. But can I tell you how empowering it is to train your body and make it react? I feel a MILLION times better than I thought I ever could.

Some days I think all of this time off was a bad thing, that I'm allowing myself to be afraid of moving forward. But this morning I woke up and remembered why I decided to take this time to myself and I'm so confident in (and proud of) my decision.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover