Friday, January 18, 2008

so incredibly bored

Joe left last night for his national sales meeting and I am all alone. Which happens occassionally with him having to go away for business, but normally I am so consumed with work that I welcome the break, but not this time. One would think that I would begin working on my presentation for my interview which is on Tuesday. But one would be wrong. Instead, I locked my dog out of my bedroom (she wouldn't come upstairs to bed last night so I wasn't about to let her wake me up at 6 a.m. to feed her. I don't care that she can't feed herself, she can wait until 7:30 like a civilized animal!) and "slept in" then I made myself breakfast and ordered Georgia Rule from Movies on Demand. I proceeded to watch Georgia Rule at 9 a.m. on a Friday on my couch, with my dog. And while it's not even a good movie I still managed to shed more than a tear and feel like a putz fully and wholly. I think I am going to put the dog in the car with me while I go run errands so she's not home all alone and because I can't take her for a run to exercise her :( Poor me and poor puppy (about the running, but I guess about the errands too). First stop is the library, then Bed, Bath and Beyond, then Ann Taylor Loft for a return, and somewhere in there, Starbucks. My one true love. Tonight will be equally boring because I already watched all of my DVR'd Oprahs for the week and there is nothing else on anymore because of the writer's strike. Stupid strike. I am reading Eat, Pray, Love and hating it. But I always finish a book before starting the next so I will probably trudge through it today so I can start The Kite Runner tomorrow. I am obviously avoiding this presentation. I don't know why. If I did I'd be a million dollar psychtherapist. But eventually, read: Sunday night/Monday morning, I will get to it. So glad I asked for a week so I could "prepare". Whatever. That reminds me I need to pick up my suit from the dry cleaner...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover