Wednesday, January 23, 2008

interview #2

So yesterday was my big interview at the software company. I built up the balls to ask them how many people they were interviewing like this for that position...I was the ONLY one they interviewed like that and I unofficially got the job.

I am waiting for my offer letter which will be in Thursday or Friday with a start date in early February. It was a long day -- I was there from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Lunch was a little awkward, but really the whole thing went well. They are geeky people. All like aspergers kids, little social skills, not outgoing, but I guess that's what comes with the territory. The owner/president of the company was amazing and kept reiterating how I was going to have the most important role in his company and how he saw me as being able to take them to new heights of public awareness. He wants me to develop the position so that eventually they hire a few more communications people and I can choose which direction I want to take my position in (i.e. drop some of the tech writing stuff and work more on global marketing). Pretty awesome. I am waiting on baited breath for my salary number.

I had already talked to them about salary so when I was asked again bluntly by the president of the company IN his office, I kind of undershot myself :( It's still a big raise over teaching, but I think that I could have done better...

I am trying to come up with a way to negotiate a higher salary once my offer letter comes in. I received another job offer this week and while I am really really not interested in it, I think maybe I can use that to leverage more $ out of the software company. Any thoughts?

Anyway, YAY, I think this is finally over and I am back to work!

I am pushing off my start date so that Joe and I can do a quick vacation getaway before I go back to work. I think we're going to go to Chicago. I want to see Oprah, go to a show, maybe hit up a comedy club and eat at wonderful restaurants. Anyone ever been there? Any recommendations? What a good week so far!

I want to go to the gym tonight even against doctor's orders, but my knee started bugging out again yesterday during the interview - I think from walking up and down so many stairs (en route to someone else's office -- I had 6 one on one interviews in addition to my presentation!) Stupid knee. But I kind of think what difference will three more days out of the gym do? Although it's that logic that got me injured in the first place (e.g. what difference will three more miles make?) Stupid girl.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover