Monday, January 14, 2008

B-O-R-I-N-G

So I didn't make it past round one with Eli Lilly, ha ha. They don't even call you to tell you you suck too much, they just send it via email. The teaching job was a no go as well. Which I am relieved about, considering I didn't want to feel trapped into taking it. So I am actually thankful for that. I am still waiting to hear from the software company, but the hiring manager asked me when I can start and I said now. Basically that statement led to a conversation where she asked me why I stopped teaching in the middle of the school year. I told her I resigned from my position in December (the truth) and I haven't heard from her since. I guess that might have killed my chances for the position? Joe said not to stress about it, but I am stressed and that is that. I applied for a great job with a local College here in marketing/program development for distance learning. It's a fantastic position that I am really excited about. The application deadline for applicants ends on January 28, with a projected start date of March 6. Basically what that means is that I won't even hear about an interview, assuming I am even selected for one, until early February. Annoying. I keep trying to tell myself that no one is as concerned with my unemployment as I am, but that's not helping. My goal is to be working by March 15. But, of course, I'd be way happier to find something sooner. I think it's easier to find work when you are already working. Why is that? Maybe because you have a job that distracts you from thinking about the job search? I still haven't heard from the unemployment office about my claim. I figure I will know by the end of this week. Hopefully, I will be awarded benefits. That would really help. A lot. Today I think I am going to finish reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower and start on Eat, Pray, Love. There's a spin class tonight at the gym so I'm going to do that too. And I am making a healthy version of spaghetti with meatballs tonight for dinner which should eat up about an hour of my day. Tomorrow, sadly, I have nothing going on. A networking call in the morning. I am going to have to go to the gym twice tomorrow to kill time. This week is going to go by very slowly. Even worse is that Joe is out of town on business starting Thursday night until Sunday. I may go nuts this week. Hopefully something good happens to take my mind off of how bored I am.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover