Wednesday, July 21, 2004

The GREATEST Day Ever

Today is officially my last day working at Newhouse, which is to say, it is the greatest day ever. I started out as a temp here back in March. When I started I kind of disliked my job, but was thankful to have it. By the time today rolled around I really, really disliked my job and I almost didn't even show up, except for the fact that we turn our time cards in on Wednesdays and today is Wednesday and I would like to get paid for all of the miserable hours I have spent here wishing I was dead, asleep, shopping, well anywhere but here. The sad part is it wasn't a bad job, I played cards, wrote emails, answered the phones when they rang, you know basic monkey stuff. But I hate the idea of getting out of bed before 8 a.m. and wearing nice clothes to sit in a cave and do nothing for hours on end. Thanks but no thanks. And every time I would think about quitting Wednesday would roll around and in would come another paycheck and I would be like - "well one more week can't hurt". Therapy will cost waaay more than I earned with this job.

Would love to write more, but right now I have to go make coffee for a meeting and make sure the dining hall mini bagels show up with cream cheese. I can't believe my $120K education has been reduced to making coffee and mini bagels. The injustice of it all. I am 25 and my biggest job concern is cream cheese. Please no comments from the peanut gallery as I already feel useless enough ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover