Monday, December 30, 2013

Word Have the Power to Change Us


It's been a long time, like a really, really long time since I've sat down and gotten lost in a book. I read all the time -- picture books, board books, magazines, the newspaper, self-help garbely gook, books about autism, scientific journals. But I can't remember the last time I sat down with a book and just read. I'm toying with the notion of investing in a Kindle. I bought myself one for my birthday back in September and promptly returned it. I have a problem spending on myself. And I like the way a book feels in my hands. But I want to read more. And the stack on my nightstand is intimidating.

Here are a just a few books that have held space in my heart. They are the ones I've read over and over, and the ones I'll read again someday.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Waiting for Godot

Flowers for Algernon

Harry Potter (the series)

Freak the Mighty

The Bonfire of the Vanities

You can find my ongoing reading list on my somewhat defunct Goodreads account. I know there are people who have crazy reading ambitions each year. My ambition is small as I am going to *try* (but forgive myself if I fail) to read a book a month this year.

If you have a few that have stopped you dead in your tracks, leave those titles here. I've been out of the book loop for so long that I have no idea what's good anymore and I'm always looking for something to add to my nightstand stack.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover