Friday, June 7, 2013

Wonderful Weekends

Last weekend was the kind of weekend I dreamed about having when I thought about what it would be like to have a family of my own. There was nothing outrageously exciting about it. We just had time to spend together, no errands or to-do's or house projects.

On Friday we took the kids to the park and I got to practice taking pictures which was so much easier to do with their dad there to help entertain them, push them on the swings or catch them out of midair when they came off the slides.








{ daddy pushed her down the big kid slide, the horror }

Afterward we took them to a seasonal ice cream and burger shop for dinner. They mostly ran around like wild monkeys while Joe and I ate. After dinner I got the kids their first ice cream cones. Our kids are weirdos and don't like sweets at all. Reese held her ice cream cone and kept saying things like "yummy!" or "delicious!" and pretending to lick the cone. At one point she was trying to climb onto one of the picnic tables with her cone in hand and lost her balance. Her cone landed face down on the bench and she was on her back staring at the sky. Of course, I was trying to take her picture and somehow missed this gem. Probably because I was laughing so hard I couldn't see.


{ what kid makes this face after eating ice cream? }

Ryan just ran around in circles with his ice cream until the actual ball of soft serve fell off the cone. Ice cream abuse. Thus ending our Friday night.



Saturday I drove out to Massachusetts to buy an antique high chair for the baby. I had grand plans to paint it, but now that we got it home I don't know if I have the heart to do it. The chair is so darn pretty.


Lola and I met up with my best friend (her godmother) for lunch to taste test some of the treats we'll be serving at her Christening party and when I got home we took the kids to a family fun night. They saw clowns for the first time, danced to live music and jumped in bouncy houses. It was awesome.


While we were watching a magic show, three clowns were sitting in the audience and Reese was performing for them. Dancing, singing, really putting on a show. Every time the crowd clapped for the magic show her face would beam. The little toot thought everyone was clapping for her.

{ Puff performing for the clowns }




Sunday was spend just catching up on work and getting ready for the week. I woke up to feed the baby around 5 and couldn't fall back asleep, so I took advantage and made myself some coffee and sat outside. The sun was up and my yard smelled like lilacs from one of the only plants we have in our yard so far (there's that damn to-do list!) but it was so quiet and my coffee was so hot. Amazing.


I needed a weekend like this, just a break from the crazy running around. Time to take pause and soak in how blessed we are. I enjoyed my kids so much, I just kept sitting back and wondering how this was my life.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover