Monday, August 20, 2012

Experience of a Working Mother

Hello Friends! This blog sure is a direct indication of my energy level these days. Five posts one week, no posts for two weeks. This pregnancy and the kids and the build are kicking my ass in a major way. I rounded the corner on 31 weeks and while I was happily jogging along I got smacked in the face with a brick. Seriously, it's like someone syphoned the energy right out of my body.

This little girl is set to arrive in 55 days, we are set to close in 67 days and I'm set to collapse sometime between now and then.

We're in the finishing stages of the house (i.e. the part where the that shit goes wrong is really obvious) which means I've been driving up to the house daily to check on work. So far floor outlets were drilled in the wrong spot (we got it fixed), outdoor wiring was wired in the wrong spot (we got that fixed), and now our powder bathroom tile was installed incorrectly (I get to deal with this tomorrow).

We sold our current home, but are having major issues with our buyer right now and the contract is on the cusp of becoming null and void. A fun fact that stresses me out to no end. I will have more concrete news on that front by the end of this week and even moreso once our buyers get their mortgage commitment letter in early September. Since we are still under attorney review, I've continued to show our house. Today involved me walking for an hour with the R's and the dog only to find out upon my return that the realtor who was supposed to be showing our house cancelled the appointment, but never let anyone know. Super.

In addition the twinados are crazy cakes. They are a mix of love and tantrums, huggy kissy and complete irrationality. I love them and want to drop kick them almost every day of my life.

Anyway, I have about 18 posts that I started but haven't finished -- everything from fourth of July and our fifth wedding anniversary to fun stuff happening at the house. I'll get there.

But for now I have a big-ish, small-ish favor to ask those of you who are working moms. My friend Lauren is going for her PhD (she's pretty awesome like that) and she's collecting data on working mothers for her dissertation. If you could take the following survey she, and I, would be forever grateful. Here's a link to the survey (direct link: https://www.psychdata.com/s.asp?SID=148908).

Here are the details from her directly:

I am seeking mothers, with at least one child under the age of 18 (who have full legal and physical custody), who are currently emloyed and are paid monetarily for their work (working at least one hour per a week). The survey, including the demographic questionnaire, takes approximately 15-20 minutes to complete.

Lastly, I've gotten a few emails in the last two weeks that I haven't responded to yet. I'm sorry. I suck. And I have many excuses. But I promise to write back soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover