Thursday, March 22, 2012

My 2012 "I Will" List

The older I get, the more I realize that so much of my life is out of my hands. The best thing I can do each day is wake up with a smile and hope for the best. And pray that an ounce of the things I try to do in a day (or week or year) is noticed by my children and that they grow up to be decent human beings with goals of their own.

I mentioned before that my life lacks balance. I don't think it's healthy; for me, for Joe, for the kids. I feel so much more human when I work in just 30 short minutes to myself each day. I'm more patient and more forgiving. This above all else is my primary goal for this year. Now on to the good stuff.

Financial/House Goals

  • Put away $600 for each baby's 529 Plan
  • Sell our current house by September
  • Close on our new house by September

*note that two of these goals are completely out of my hands, but I'm just putting it into the universe. Do you hear me universe? Power of intention speaking to you!

Mommy Goals

  • Remember when the days feel long and suffocating, that this time of insanity is both precious and short. Remember that I will look back on this insanity one day fondly and, with rose-colored glasses, I will likely miss the crazy. 
  • Nurse the new baby for 9 months.
  • Find a daycare provider or in-home nanny to make sure the kids get specialized attention a few times a week. 
  • Continue to take the twins to mommy and me classes, even with the new baby in tow.
  • Build in time for each of my children to spend with me, ALONE (once a month, once a quarter, once a year...something that will work for all of us). 

Personal Goals

  • Prep meals the night before and during naps so that we can eat at home several times per week.
  • Make more time for myself.
  • Continue our weekly date nights, even after the new baby is born, no matter how hard it is to leave or how tired we are when the babysitter arrives.
  • Learn to say no more often, set boundaries in my life and let go of people that cannot accept the boundaries I've set. 

Fitness Goals

  • Run one 5K with all three kids this summer. 
  • Workout throughout this pregnancy.
  • Run 200 miles this year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover