Saturday, January 28, 2012

12 eggs = 2 embryos

Source: lucyina.com via Tina on Pinterest

Got the call this morning, nothing else made it to freeze. So I had two embryos from the whole cycle. I'm feeling really good about that. Best case scenario we have baby #3 and #4. Worst case scenario we move on as a family of four. Either way we did our best and I'm at peace with whatever happens.

Statistically we did exactly what we were supposed to with IVF #3. Our embryologist told us before this cycle started that on any given IVF, 17% of the eggs you create will achieve embryo status, but only 8% will actually have the potential to become babies. The same way things work in the non-ART world.

So me making 2 potentially baby making embryos out of 12 eggs is spot on. Now I just hope that one of these little guys sticks. One week and counting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover