Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Baby Proofing

This


plus this

{ not quite moving yet, but so close }

means I'm in a lot of trouble.

We need to start baby proofing.
NOW.

First on my list is a gate at the top of the stairs. I want one that doesn't have a bottom bar (I am afraid of tripping over it while holding one of the babies). The problem that we have is that there is really nothing to anchor a gate to at the top of the stairs. The walls at the top of the stairs are uneven, and on one side there is only about 1 1/2" of wall before you're literally on a stair. I'm probably overthinking this (like everything else). 

If you have a top of the stair gate, what kind is it and would you recommend it?

{ we put cabinet doors hiding the bottom half of the bookcases, 
and I'm wondering if that's enough to keep little fingers out? }

Other than the stairs, we are going to anchor the bookshelves in our living room to the wall, install outlet covers and put some sort of gadget on two of our kitchen cabinets (the one that has all of the cleaning stuff/garbage in it and the lazy susan). 

So, baby proofing experts, is there anything else I didn't think of that we need? 

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover