Thursday, December 16, 2010

Itzy Ritzy Snack Bags and Nantucket

Just ordered some ridiculously cute reusable snack bags from Itzy Ritzy. I'm not big on throwing away ziploc bags so, when I can, I wash and reuse them. Total pain in the tush! Hopefully these help us transition away from plastic altogether.


I scored a great deal on the bags through Zulily. They were offering up a $40 voucher for $20 and I had a $20 account credit from people who signed up through this blog to be Zulily members (if you signed up, thank you!) I managed to get 6 bags for under $30 total!


They get great reviews from mommy bloggers, so we'll see if they're as functional as they are cute. So...a little girl and boy eating snacks at the beach brings me to my second point of discussion. December is normally the time we rent our beach house and book our ferry for Nantucket. We've talked about what we're going to do for next year and haven't come up with a solid plan at all.

Originally we thought (since this will be our only vacation for the year) that we'd rent a larger house for two weeks and invite family out to the island. This way we'd have help with the twins AND get to visit with family, essentially killing two birds with one stone. But I don't know how I feel about
  • being away from home for two weeks with 8 month old twins,
  • being on vacation with family (is it really a vacation if you take your in-laws or parents?) and
  • spending what we'd need to spend in order to rent a house on the island for two weeks in August.
Then we thought we'd go on our own for a week, per normal, and rent the same house we always rent. I wonder how we'll do - two babies and a dog on our own?


Last thought was to rent a slightly larger house than normal and bring our friend's daughter with us (and let her bring a friend) this way we have a sitter on island that can watch the babies if we want to go out to dinner and we have a few extra sets of hands, but the extra hands don't come with the extra baggage of family.

Thoughts? Anyone vacation with twins in the first year? How about vacationing with family? Any experience with that? I'd love some help and advice with this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover