Friday, March 19, 2010

Resolution Recipes: Weeks 8 & 9

Week 8


We repeated the Mongolian Beef recipe. I used a bad cut of meat, it wasn't as good this time. Boo to that. Does anyone understand steak? I don't . It's all red to me. Sometimes I buy a good one, sometimes I buy a bad one. I need to figure this out.



I made the husband this Slow-Cooker Turkey Chili as his lunch for the week. It was super easy to make and he loved it. I didn't try it because 1.) I don't eat spicy food and I tossed a whole jalapeno with seeds into the crock pot for him and 2.) I don't like chili (yes, I'm a heretic).

Last  meal of the week was Turkey Burgers and Oven Fries which does not come with a pretty picture or from a cookbook, but it's fast and easy and really yummy after a long day.

Week 9


We repeated the Soy-Glazed Tofu. I don't understand why I don't cook tofu more. We really like it and it's so low in calories. Note to self, eat more tofu.



We tried this Antipasto Style Penne recipe from the December issue of Cooking Light and while it was good I don't think we'll make it again. There are a ton of jarred ingredients which created two issues for me. The first issue I had was that this recipe got really expensive, I think all the ingredients cost us about $40. Now granted it made 6 servings, but that still averages out to almost $7 per meal. I'd rather have sushi (true story). The second issue I had was that all the jarred ingredients needed to be packed in oil which means that you didn't get to eat a whole lot before you were really high up in calories. I ate 1.5 cups of this dish which is equivalent to 606 calories (or one spin class). I've come to realize that pasta dishes just aren't worth it if you are trying to watch your waistline.



This last recipe is one of my favorites: Arugula and Pear Salad with Toasted Walnuts. It serves four, but it's so calorically light that the husband and I just split the salad in half. It's quick and easy to make. Satisfying. We add 1/4 cup of gorgonzola cheese to our salads too which really gives it a yummy kick. This is our definition of fast food.

We're off to Paris next week so in lieu of my cooking recipes I'm just going to photograph the crap out of everything we eat over there and let you know how (hopefully) amazing it was. Wish us luck, so far there's lots of rain in the forecast. Boo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover