Thursday, March 18, 2010

I See A Red Door

and I want to paint it black
I wanna see it painted, painted, painted, painted black

Tangent alert, my dad is (was?) a huge Rolling Stones fan. I remember going through his albums (yes, albums) in our garage as a kid and coming across the Sticky Fingers LP and just loving the fact that you unzipped the pants and pulled the record out of a pair of jeans. Ah, the innocence of a child. I didn't notice the giant bulge (in our home we call it a moose knuckle). How did my dad let me touch that album without washing my hands in bleach and scooting me off to church?


But I digress.

House

When we moved into our house our front door was red. Cute, but it had to go.


{ sorry I only photograph my house during the holidays apparently… }

I painted it black about two years ago, along with the insides of our garage entry doors (mostly because they can look pretty icky and dirty white and this hid the garage grunge). Now I'm thinking it's time for me to paint the interiors of the exterior doors black too (you with me? Interiors of the exterior. Yes, confusing). 

Here's what I'm talking about…


{ taken during the great Christmas tree debacle of 2009 }

I convinced the husband that black is the new white, now I just have to find time to paint. Here are some of the photos I've been hoarding as inspiration for this next adventure in homemaking.








Sources: Elle Decor, Domino, Unknown, Country Living, Unknown

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover