Thursday, January 14, 2010

Full or Empty

Is your glass half full or half empty?
We all know those people that are perpetually happy,
thankful for every day they have and for all life has to offer.



Well, I'm not one of those people.
I secretly think those people have all had cancer
or have been in a bad car accident
or were abducted by aliens and anally-probed
and that experience was life-changing for them.



Because the thought of constant happiness without worry
not only baffles me...it eludes me.

Small tangent. When I was in ninth grade my family moved.
New town, new schools, new people.
I decided that I was going to be one of the nice girls.
You know, the girl that wasn't the prettiest girl,
but always made it on homecoming court because EVERYone just loved her.



I lasted about three weeks before I couldn't even stand myself.



Back to the point at hand.

Today I'm feeling half-empty.
I talked to Joe about how we are going to move forward last night
and we're still 5 days away from our beta (pregnancy) test.



He was angry. At first.
But I'm just bracing myself.
5 days left to go.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover