Sunday, December 20, 2009

Back up and Running

Sorry for the blogging hiatus. I was on a forced break as my Dell completely shit the bed. Apparently someone was reading my Wish Lists, because my husband dutifully broke my computer the night that I wrote that post.

You see he was looking at bubbies on the interwebs. I like to tell myself that he was preparing for the red room at our IVF clinic, but in reality he was just being a boy, looking at bubbies.

And he managed to download a video with the NetSky worm attached to the stream. Have you heard of this virus? Oh goodness it was a bad one. It keeps all of your executable files from running so you can't do a virus removal on it, and you can get to the internet and it just gets progressively worse. Within 30 hours my whole computer was nothing but a blinking DOS prompt.

And in his guilt, he brought me home this, and at first I was mad.


I didn't need a new computer. So we called around to find out how much it would cost to fix my sad, little Dell and when I heard $300 for the third time I hung up and opened that beautiful little Mac box and smiled brightly.

I also told my husband to return anything he got me for Christmas and we'd consider it an even exchange.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover