Wednesday, August 26, 2009

CD 13

Today was my third monitoring appointment. After spying a 28.5mm follie on CD11 the nurses had me use OPKs yesterday and today to detect my surge. Both days were a BFN, yet my blood work indicates that I ovulated yesterday. So after 15 cycles of using OPKs I was just told that THEY DON’T WORK FOR ME. Yeah, I’m a little irritated at that. How many cycles I based our timing around my temps and those idiotic little kits and guess what, they’re an epic fail.

We are now left with the decision of how to proceed with our first IUI cycle. The options are: Femara & Ovidrel or Injectibles & Ovidrel.

Personally, I would like to start with the injects, but I know Joe is leaning toward the Femara. Injects are especially enticing because we have IVF coverage and our nurse told me that if I am overstimmed during our IUI cycle that we can just convert it to IVF instead of cancel the cycle. So I feel like it’s just a better option altogether. However, the whole point of doing IUI’s instead of IVF to start was to slow things down.

What to do, what to do?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover