Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Signs

Life is full of little signs. Hints that we need to focus on the bigger picture and stay grounded. I woke up this morning at 4:30 like always and fed the dog her pre-breakfast breakfast, went to the gym, came home and took the dog for our morning walk, got back to the house and fed her the rest of her breakfast. All the while I felt just a little bit empty today. A little wonky, not quite me. But the morning was restful and beautiful and I tried to keep my mind clear.

I thought perhaps my funk was because Joe's been away for work all week. Or the thought of my bloodwork that is being processed as I type this. Or maybe it's my upcoming ultrasound and the idea that this may be the beginning of the end for us instead of the beginning of the beginning. Then I thought maybe it's all of the shennanigans taking shape at work. Maybe it's everything, maybe it's just me.

Anyway, I was feeling unbelievably down by the time I plopped down in my cube this morning. I decided to forego my email routine and head straight to some blogs for a distraction, when I came across this on Elements of Style. This manifesto was just what I needed to center my thoughts and change my perspective. Thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover