Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Yapta

Try this site now. It tracks the cost of flights that you are thinking about purchasing and/or have already purchased so you can get the best deal. You purchase your tickets direct through the airlines though not this site. In July I bought two plane tickets on Northwest Airlines flying from Albany to Bozeman, Montana. This is all part of a secret trip I am planning for Joe's 30's birthday. Anyway each ticket was $520.50 after taxes/fees yadda. I tracked the flight on Yapta.com and got an alert yesterday that the price of the flight dropped to $345.99 so I called Northwest last night and they gave me two flight credits for $124.50 (the difference between what I paid less a $50 fee per ticket). The credits are good for a year. Some airlines will actually refund your money, Northwest is supposed to be one of those airlines but I was pressed for time last night and didn't feel like arguing on the phone for an hour. If you do get a refund it for the difference in price less a $100 fee (through Northwest anyway) which is only worth it if you don't travel often. Of course I am irritated that I could've saved $400 if I would have just waited another 2 weeks to book the flight BUT I am so excited to have a credit toward a future flight, especially since we are going on vacation in December and again in April and I haven't booked the flights for either trip yet. Hopefully now between our frequent flier miles and these credits we'll fly for free! YAY. Try yapta, you'll love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover