Monday, June 23, 2008

so tired

We got back from Peter and Stacey's wedding yesterday and I think I am still recovering. The wedding itself was lame, but the guest list was quite fun. I say the wedding was lame because the reception was literally 3 hours after the ceremony and we were in Binghamton so we drove to a Barnes and Noble and read magazines until it was time to go back. And they cheaped out on stuff -- i.e. the bar shut down for 1 1/2 hours during dinner and there was no tableside wine service or any other kind of service, it was just a dry reception for 90 +/- minutes. So after developing a happy buzz before dinner, I sat there and sobered up during dinner only to end up feeling kind of tired afterwards. And the whole shebang wrapped up at 10 p.m. and took a turn back to the hotel bar named, ishityounot, Vegas. As in what happens in Vegas...well nothing was really happening "in Vegas" so I went upstairs and went to bed. I don't know if I ate something bad or drank too much but I interchangeably pooped and/or vomited every hour on the hour from 2 a.m. until 8:15 a.m. when I finally woke up Joe and told him to take me home. Good times. The highlight of my trip was breakfast at Wegmans on Sunday morning. I freaking love Wegmans and hate Hannaford, if for nothing else but their anti-expansion agreement they have which prevents Wegmans from EVER coming to Albany :( Yesterday I did a whole lot of nothing once we got home and today I feel like 10 pounds of poop in a 5 pound bag, but my outfit totally rocks, so that sort of makes up for it. After taking a few weeks off from the gym I am going back with a vengeance, starting tomorrow. Today my stomach is still revolting. I have my whole workout and food plan back on schedule. Now I just need to get Joe back on board because he's looking less than svelte lately too. I am so bored at work I could cry. Still waiting to hear on the interview for the 6th grade teaching position which is supposed to happen sometime in July. In the meantime I've applied to 3 other positions which are all probationary but aren't as appealing 1. because they are in districts that are approx 20 miles away from our house (that doesn't sound bad unless you have to be at work at 7 a.m. which means you are up at 5 just to get there on time) and 2. two of them are high school positions and I'd really rather transition into a middle school teacher. I still have to write cover letters for these jobs, which I am contemplating doing from work today, but think it may be better done at home just so I am not distracted by the office, etc. I just had a three day weekend because of the wedding and I am literally counting down the days until my next day off. Speaking of which. So my little rant about Joe being a reader, blah blah blah. Yea well we got to the church for the rehearsal at 4:30. The rehearsal started at 5 p.m. and lasted TWO hours. And Joe's rehearsal was as follows: Priest: "And then a Mr. Joe Russell will be reading the Prayer of the Faithful, where is Joe?" Joe: "Right here father." Priest: "Great, nice to meet you." He didn't read the prayer, he didn't even have to stand. So basically, as I said before, he didn't even need to be there. Whatever. I just like being right. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover