Friday, February 8, 2008

exanimate

So tomorrow marks the end of my first week. I am so tired. Mostly just getting used to the schedule. I love, LOVE, my job. My commute is a joke and the flex hours thing rocks. People are so friendly. I am really happy there. I am too tired to outline what a great week it's been, but well, it's been great (I am so eloquent). It's weird though...after teaching - wherein you are always harried, always running, every minute of your day is planned and accounted for - I feel like I am barely working. I actually leave and feel guilty like I didn't get anything done, even though I worked on 3 projects and completed a 40 page product documentation. It feels like nothing at all. I think it will take a long time for me to slow down and get used to the real world again. Fucking public education; what a waste of a profession. I may get to go to Italy for a work conference this year, which is awesome. Some other venues on the docket...Charlotte, St. Louis, and Chicago. I can't wait to get situated so I can start channeling more energy into our presence at conferences and trade shows. This week I've mostly worked on the new website (I will post the link here when I complete it...hopefully in the next few weeks) and trying to compile our corporate marketing goals. That in addition to writing the 40 page product documentation, and I've actually been pretty busy. As the only marketing, writing, PR, communications person in the company sometimes I feel like I have ADD, but it works for me. We are trying to hire 10 more Research Engineers this year, and I am *hoping* that that will also warrant hiring another communications person so I can dump off the tech writing piece and focus solely on the PR/marketing stuff. But that's just entres nous okay? Off to bed. I've been waking up at 5 a.m. every morning to go to the gym before work. Tomorrow is just a cardio day, so I get to sleep in until 6. I have 7.5 hours that I have to log tomorrow so I am aiming to get to the office by 8 so I can leave around 5 and start the weekend. Not that I am doing anything this weekend, but I just like the idea of "starting my weekend". Oh and before I forget to write it here. I love the president of my company. He seriously rocks. I just can't say enough about how much he inspires me and pushes me to drive our company to the next level. He just lets me take ideas and run with them. I am in Heaven. Okay enough. No not enough, I've also been on the clean eating plan all week (after taking a hiatus last weekend during our trip to Maine) and the amount of energy I have is insane. My workouts have been sick. Twice this week I went to the gym in the a.m. and again after work. I am feeling very Zen right now. Well almost entirely. My house is driving me nuts, but I am trying not to focus on that now. In March Joe's bonus comes in and *hopefully* our big insurance check will be in by then, and I get my first paycheck March 15...sooo, hopefully I can take a chunk of cash out to start knocking out some projects then. I am trying not to think about it, but these things slowly drive me bananas. Okay really this time. Bed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover