Friday, May 20, 2005

doing what I do best

procrastinating, procrastinating, procrastinating. I have a 20 page multi-genre research paper (please don't ask me to explain that assignment) and two portfolios to create and set up for review, and all I could think about last week was grey goose and the gym (not necessarily in that order) and all I can think about this week is sleep. And to add insult to injury I just signed up for my summer school courses which start literally one and a half weeks after I finish my semester in May. Is it sacriligious for a future teacher to say that he or she hates school? It's not like I am Pope Benedict admonishing the Catholic Church in favor of chicken fights and devil worshiping. I just really hate school. There I said it, and now I feel better..sort of. So I am possibly moving to North Carolina post-graduation. I am pretty excited about this. Joe is in talks with a regional manager in the Raleigh area for a position that will be opening there in the next few months. We are going to visit the area in June or July. I have done a lot of interpersonal research (basically I am hunting down anyone that knows anything about the state and grilling them) and a lot of online research and I am personally satisfied with the move, but now I need to actually see the city for myself. And that addition to my life means I am, officially, getting old. I am getting married, moving away with my significant other where we will buy a house (a freaking house) and live in it while working real jobs. How scary is that?!?! I mean seriously I am getting chills! Not like "Ooooh cool!" chills, like I feel like I drank too much tequila and I can no longer tell which end is up kind of chills. Like the kind that you get when you are sitting on a dirty bathroom floor trying to convince your friends that you are sober enough to drive home while trying not to vomit on yourself (I know I am not the only person that this has happened to...) Anyway, so I am old. And I think I found my first grey hair yesterday, but I am not sure it counts because it was only halfway grey and I yanked it out immediately, banishing it's existence from my head. Oh, but speaking of the wedding I found the place I would like to have it if we do move to North Carolina, which seems like it will happen. If not this is my New York location. The official date has been set for October 6, 2007, which should give us enough time to get settled in wherever it is that we decide to move. No official wedding paraphernalia yet, I will let you know when things start coming to fruition. Anyways, it is 4:30 and I need to watch Oprah or do something else that will be equally as unproductive for another half hour before I go to work. Toodles. (why do people say that??!@?!? I hate that word!??!?!?!?!?)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover