Thursday, September 9, 2004

busy as hell

I feel like a chicken with it's head cut off. I cannot even fathom what next week will be like when my sister is in town and my student teaching placements begin. The days seem to be flying by too, which in a sense is good, but is hard to keep up when it feels like the days only last 3 hours. The Men's Lax team started study table hours last night. I have 16 freshman total that I am monitoring/tutoring. I find out the number of transfer students and upperclassmen I am working with next week. The boys are really adorable and seem like a fun group so I am excited to work with them. I feel bad though. Nearly 60 kids are coming out for the team this year and there are only 40 slots so a bunch of the guys I am working with will get cut after tryouts in the Spring. I can't even believe that. I mean I knew that not everyone made the team, but still! Nearly 20 is a lot. And I am already so attached to some of them after just a week, I can't even believe how I will feel after a whole semester! I am far ahead on my reading, really behind in my writing and hoping to use part of the early evening tomorrow and all day sunday to get caught up. I have a 10 page paper due by Sunday at 5 which is making me ill. I don't think it will be too hard to do but I am working both Friday (in at 8) and Saturday (in at 10) night and I am so behind in community service stuff at the athletic department that I am going to spend most of the day there tomorrow. And Saturday is the Lacrosse Alumni Game (which Joe is playing in) and the Inter-squad Scrimmage. So needless to say my Saturday is shot work wise. See what I mean. Life is constantly overwhelming, and just a catch up game. Not to mention that Joe is working toward this promotion like a man on fire. He is pulling 18 hour days as well. We both get home at 11 p.m. and just look at each other - and it's like "I know, I know, I feel ya!" Today for example, he had to be in Watertown at 7 a.m. (this was after leaving the house at 6:30 a.m. and getting home at 10 p.m. yesterday...) Watertown is a solid 45 minutes North of Syracuse. Then he has to be in Utica at 11:30 which is an hour south of Syracuse or 2 hours south of Watertown. And then after that I think he's back in Syracuse for the afternoon, but who knows....He should be promoted in the next six months though and that means the same amount of work (just different kinds of work) and a lot more money. Which is really good for him! We both agreed last night that if we weren't together we'd be single. I would just be too hard to try to navigate a relationship, if we didn't already have each other. I don't even see him until 10:30 at night and only for about a half hour before he goes to sleep - I generally read in bed for an hour or two before lights out. Mi Vida Loca. Thank god I have him and this opportunity at the same time. I am very, very blessed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover