Monday, December 9, 2013

Surviving November


Life has been so busy with three kids, the business, world domination, that I was thankful for this reminder to stop feeling guilty about all the things I am not doing, and instead be present for the things I am doing. 

I'm grateful for having met a little nugget named Robby on a recent school tour for Ryan. He was roughly 3 1/2 and cute enough to put in my pocket and take home with me. Little Robby walked up to me, looked me right in the eye and said "who are you?" and then (after being corrected and prompted) properly greeted me with "Hi, I am Robby, what's your name?" He has ASD and he was the first glimpse of the other end of the spectrum I have been given. And he gave me hope.

Chrissy put into words what I've had a hard time digesting. And almost four months post diagnosis I have learned to trust my gut above all else.

Reese learned ballet, sort of. Ryan mastered his use of sign language, furthering his functional language. And Lola rocked standing and dancing, but still can't fall.

I booked myself a makeup lesson in hopes of looking half as stunning Clare Durkin. Is she even human?

Christmas shopping commenced. Thankfully we implemented a new policy -- 1 thing to wear, 1 thing to read, 1 thing to play with -- after last Christmas turned into a mini-Hannukah (8 days of gifts).


And we spent the month really trying to connect as a family, including participating in a holiday photo shoot for a local magazine. Nothing says family-time more than squatting someone else's house while pretending it is a holiday. I can't believe the year is almost over. (Thank god!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover