Thursday, January 3, 2013

Random Things

Reese said her first full sentence yesterday. I am so proud of her. She was watching a video on youtube of planes flying. My kids love this video. One of the planes is an old biplane with smoke that comes off the back. She kept saying "Hot! Hot!" and since Joe and I were cooking dinner we got nervous and said "what's hot, honey?" she replied, "the plane is hot". Sweet girl saw the smoke off the back of the plane, understand things smoke when they are "hot" and came up with "the plane is hot". Toddlers are amazing (sometimes).


With the holidays behind us, I'm in full planning mode for the twins' SECOND birthday. How did we get here already, I'll never know. Their invitations went out last week and it looks like we'll have a nice little party for them. I can't wait to celebrate their lives again with our friends and family. I just ordered them these sweet little shirts for their birthday party. Can you guess what this year's theme is?



I'm also finally getting around to decorating the new house, which is something that makes me very happy. I'm focusing right now on getting window treatments done for the master bedroom and the doing up Lola's nursery (which will eventually be the girls' shared room). I'm excited about my ideas, I just wish there was more time in a day to execute them all. And after putting together our old nursery before the babies even came home from the hospital, I feel bad that Lola still doesn't even have a crib sheet. I guess that's what happens when you are a third child? While I was shopping, I found this little description of her nickname on the Serena and Lily site and it made me smile.

A few people have emailed me and asked how I'm fairing physically since carrying our third child and what's become of my diastasis. I'm sure there's a lot of new year's resolutioning as part of these questions. I have started a post on my postpartum self, I hope to finish and publish it soon. But my head is just not focused on that part of my life right now. For those who are wondering if I found a nonsurgical solution, the answer is no. Which begs the second question of whether or not I'll be having surgery. The answer is yes. I plan to have surgery sometime next year. 

I also had a few emails this week regarding some of the kids winter clothes that were on the resale blog. I have been selling most of their stuff on a local online group, since meeting people in person is easier than taking three kids into the post office. But I do have a few things I'll be putting up this week. The link to the resale blog is in the sidebar (always) I update it periodically. Here it is again, for anyone interested: LINK.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday season. We are starting to resume normal life again and it's so nice not to have so much on our plates for once. I'm almost bored. Almost. 

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover