Friday, November 16, 2012

Thank You

From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for all of the kind words and the condolences. I appreciate it more than words can express.

Our moving truck is coming on Monday to pack us up and then we are off to Pennsylvania for the better part of a week to stay with my in-laws. Thankfully, Joe was able to take the week after Thanksgiving off and we'll be shacking up at a local extended stay hotel until our house closes. They serve breakfast daily and dinner (with free booze!) Monday through Thursday, so at least I don't have to cook. And since the twins are still avid throwers of all things edible, this is a small victory for me and my sanity. The hotel also has an indoor pool and a gym (yay!) so I'm just going to pretend we're on vacation and this is all awesome.

As we've been packing, I have been putting aside clothes, household items and bedding to donate to the families affected by Hurricane Sandy. Earlier today I was feeding the baby and catching up on news via my iPhone, when I came across this article which explained that charity organizations have been so overrun with "stuff" that they are leaving it in piles, uncovered, in parking lots. Most of the donations will end up in a landfill. So much for charitable giving.

I have two boxes of my former work wardrobe and bedding to donate. Does anyone know of an organization in the Capital Region where these items might be of use? I'm always leery of using the "dumpster style" drop off stations.

Have a safe and happy pre-Thanksgiving weekend! And, again, thank you so much for your kindness.

 

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover