Monday, May 7, 2012

Cinco de Mayo

Numero Tres has an identity! The party was so much fun and I'm so glad my friend, Nicole, convinced me to do this. Before I get into any details, I want to thank Nicole and her husband for filling our pinata with color coded goodies and for doing such an excellent job keeping the baby's gender a secret. I'm also super impressed with her pinata fringe decorating skills, it's awesome when your BFF is as OCD as you are, because you can give her a project and she is meticulous with it. I couldn't have done it any better. We love you guys. 

I also want to thank my dear friend Rebecca who was supposed to come to the party with her hubby and adorable little man, but had to leave her men at home because my twinkies came down with fevers on Friday night. Instead of bailing on the party altogether, she came and took pictures of our big moment. I love them so much, and I love her so much too. 

We were surrounded by family and friends that are like family and there is nothing better than that. Now on to the fiesta!!


Guests were invited to wear their guess and write it on a chalkboard so we could keep track. Boy was the obvious favorite!




{ the very simple set up }

{ a must }

{ and three why nots? homemade sangria, margaritas and lemonade }

{ Joe's infamous pico de gallo, my husband is a sick pico'er }

{ the votes are all in... }

{ the Daddy donning a dirty Sanchez for his "boy" vote } 

{ Ryan sporting his big brother T while playing with his great-Nana }

{ Big sister, Puff, was OBSESSED with balloons. 
This was her first balloon experience! }


The moment of truth! Here we go...

The pinata held up better than its string! When we yanked we accidentally yanked the whole thing off of the ceiling. 


And when it fell a few itty bitty pieces of colored confetti came out.


So for a few seconds, only Joe and I knew what gender the baby was. And, boy oh boy were we in shock!


We didn't know what to do to open the pinata since it could no longer hang, so we played tug of war with it and dumped out all of the candy and confetti for everyone else to see. 




It's a GIRL! Lauren Emerson (Lola) will be joining the clan in October! And we couldn't be happier. Two girls, my oh my!


Reese and Ryan showing off their pink nerds and cool t-shirts in honor of their little sister for all of our party goers. This is our first picture as a family of five. 



Thank you to everyone that attended our party and helped to make this a day we'll never forget. We are so excited to meet our baby girl.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover