Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Headed to the Beach


The twins are about to have their first beach trip and we're flying to get there. I really do think I've lost my mind some days. As the trip gets closer, I'm getting a little more anxious. But I have to remember that people travel with children all of the time.

I was doing okay with the trip until I found out that Joe and I are going to be separated on the plane. Since the babies aren't ticketed and will be sitting in our laps, there are only so many extra oxygen masks per row meaning that we'll have to be split up to ensure that each baby would have a mask. Makes complete sense, but in terms of planning what to take on the plane it's a logistical nightmare. Do I pack one diaper bag and so that we don't eat up our two carry ons with baby stuff? Or do I pack two diaper bags so that we are both prepared in the event of an assplosion? Lots to fret over. But I'm very excited to be going away with my little unit, and especially excited to get out of Dodge with my husband. We need some time away from life, which has been stressful (to say the least) since becoming parents times two.

We are staying at a hotel in a small city for the first two days of our trip and then we head down to the beach and are staying at a condo with a small kitchenette. There is a laundry facility at the resort, so we're in luck since the twinados are bound to have at least one top and bottom explosion.

Here's my list of things I need to pack for the babies so far. It will be in the high 80's during the day and high 70's at night. If you spy anything I may have forgotten, please let me know. I'm going to be adding to this list as I think of things. Irony is trying to pack light for a family of four.

Food:
  • bottles
  • nipples
  • breast pump 
  • breastmilk storage bags
  • formula
  • munchkins formula dispensers
  • bottle brush
  • travel size castille soap
  • 1/2 cup tupperware (for solids)
  • spoons
Essentials:
  • diapers
  • wipes
  • bibs
  • burp cloths
  • jammies
  • clothes
  • pacifiers
  • pacifier clips
  • pacifier cases
  • soap
  • shampoo
  • bath seat (it's a collapsible travel seat)
  • towels
  • baby carriers
  • stroller
  • car seats
Sleep:
  • 1 pack and play (the hotel/resort is providing the other)
  • crib sheets
  • kids' sleep items (nana blankets and softies)
  • sound dock (it's small) and iPod 
Swim:
Entertainment:
  • my laptop and Baby Einstein DVD's
  • Rainforest Playmat
  • small toys (rattles, sophie, etc.)
We're packing enough formula, diapers and wipes to get us through the first 2-3 days and then hitting up a Walmart or Target to stock up for the week.

I can't help but think I'm forgetting something. Seriously every time I do something with the kids lately I write down what I used just so I have a running list of what helps me get through the day. Perhaps I should add Xanax to my list of things to pack :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover