Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Father/Son Heart to Heart

We've already taken Ryan to see his Daddy's locker at Manley Field House.


He got to "hold" his Daddy's National Championship trophy.


And he got to take in his first game at the Dome against Hopkins (a nice win for the Orange in overtime).


So it was only a matter of time before Joe had his first sit down with Ryan and explained to him his collegiate options. Syracuse, Virginia or Princeton. He's not allowed to go to UMass (they threw Oranges onto the field during games) and besides, it's a crappy school to begin with. And he's definitely not allowed to go to Hopkins. Joe even explained that Denver could be an option if Tierney kept improving the program out there.



I'm not going to lie, we were both impressed that Ryan grabbed the stick appropriately the first time it was handed to him. Maybe my husband made me watch enough lacrosse while I was pregnant that the kid just absorbed it? Or maybe it's another genetic gift that Joe was able to pass on ;)


It just tickled my husband, how quickly Ryan took to the stick and how much he seemed to really enjoy wearing Daddy's gloves and "learning" to shoot on cage.



Ryan has always been a quirky kid, so I've been teasing Joe since he was born saying that Ryan is destined to be a goalie. And if you know anything about the sport of lacrosse, you now realize how quirky my son really is. I seriously love these boys with my whole being. I can't wait to be able to watch them play catch in the backyard. From the looks of it, they can't either.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover