Thursday, January 6, 2011

Full Term Twins

I can't even believe I've made it to 37 weeks. Even crazier is that I'm actually closer to 38 weeks now than 37. I really thought I'd have babies by now. It's been hard to stay motivated, the end of a multiples pregnancy is as much mental as it is physical, and I'm doubly exhausted.

I had a hellish OB appointment yesterday that I won't bother to recap for the blog because, honestly, I don't care to remember it when I'm looking back on this experience. The end result is that I had my first internal since hitting term and I am fully effaced and 2 cm dilated. How long I've been like this or how long I'll stay like this, I have no idea!

My next appointment is Monday, and they will do a membrane strip/sweep if I haven't gone into labor by then. Wish me luck. I'm very ready for outside babies!

{ I don't think I've grown much? I'm actually losing weight now which is crazy! }

37 week stats:
  • 45 pounds gained
  • BP 110/68
  • stretch marks = too many to count
  • measuring BIG - my ute is measuring 45 weeks 
  • my waistline is measuring 44". Nice.
I'm looking forward to: sleeping on my stomach!

I will not miss: baby hiccups, I really hate them. Especially when both kids get going. They can hiccup for hours on end. jump...jump...jump...jump...jump... ENOUGH ALREADY!

I'm at the point in the pregnancy where I can't remember what it's like to not be pregnant and I'm so used to being pregnant that I can't believe I actually am going to have real-life babies when this is over. I'm also at the point where I'm starting to get reeeeeeally scared...
  • I'm scared of delivering both my twins vaginally (although this is what I want to do)
  • I'm scared of not being able to delivery them vaginally, or worse, delivering one vaginally and still having to have a c-section
  • Of not being able to nurse my babies
  • Of not being able to keep up with the demand of two newborns
Yup, I'm pretty much at the point where I literally just lay around all day scared-shitless waiting for them to come!

So that's the update. Hopefully we'll have babies soon. Oh, and the husband and I made a cast of my belly on New Year's Eve (we really live it up in our household, lemme tell ya!). At first I thought it was a silly idea, but I figured someday it will be fun to hold up the belly to me and remember what this was like. Once the cast was completed and I got to hold it, I cried my eyes out. I'm so uncomfortable and ready to be not pregnant that I completely lost sight of the fact that this might be my only pregnant belly and what an amazing miracle it is that I'm even here.


Plus, not going to lie, it's pretty incredible to see what my belly REALLY looks like. The kit cost $16 at Babies R' Us (after a coupon) and was worth every penny.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover