Wednesday, October 13, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 1

Day 1: introduce, recent picture, and 15 interesting facts


(stands, clears throat...) Hi, my name is Niki, and I'm a blogger. Okay. I promise. Taking this seriously. 

What's there to say? I'm a type-a, control freak that's obsessed with running, spinning and eating (which is why I run and spin). My hobbies have recently been curtailed by two aliens I have growing inside me (one of them just kicked me in the sphincter), but I'm happy to sit on the sidelines for these two. I'm married to one of the kindest people I have ever met and I have a super sweet yellow lab that was the center of my world (until recently). 

I love traveling, coffee and dirty language. I laugh at fart jokes and potty humor of all kinds. I'm a 13-year-old boy trapped in a 31-year-old woman's body. Enjoy. 

{ me and the aliens at 25 weeks }

Fifteen things about myself...here goes:

1. I'm incredibly indecisive, unless I'm making a decision about something in someone else's life; then I'm quite certain of the right answer.

2. I'm the oldest of seven by a technicality, but depending on when you ask me I'll either own up to the other 4 or just tell you I have a single sister and a single brother (whom I love with all that I am).

3. The beach is my favorite place in the world. Any beach, in any place. That's my favorite.

4. I love the idea of crafts and do-it-yourself projects but I hate actually doing them. I do them anyway, swear a lot in the process and then boast about how awesome I am after they're done.

5. I draw a line with reality TV for what is and isn't acceptable. Teen Mom = Good. Real Housewives = Garbage. I'm very firm with what is or isn't worth my time.

6. I suck at anything having to do with history, math, geography and science. I think it's partially genetic. My sister was up here recently and I offered to take her to Vermont. She asked me where in NY Vermont was located. See? It has to be something in our DNA.

7. I read voraciously.

8. Cooking is a passion. I thought about going to culinary school at one point, but the idea of cutting into animal bones skeeved me out too much, so I changed my mind.

9. I'm an overbrusher. I never knew you could brush your teeth too much or for too long. My dentist yells at me all the time.

10. I'd take a beer and a burger over a five star restaurant any day of the week.

11. It recently occurred to me that I have to deliver these babies eventually and now I am scared out of my mind at the thought of two human beings coming out of a hole in my body (whether god given or surgeon created).

12. However, the idea of being a mother doesn't scare me a single bit.

13. I have also taken to (quietly) mourning all the parts of my life that are now over. Sleeping in, taking up residence on the couch for an entire day, running with no end or destination in sight, marathon spin classes on Saturday mornings. I wonder what will fill these spaces that previously filled me. It probably goes without saying that I'm having an identity crisis from all the change in my life. 

14. In the 9th grade I wrote a research paper on PETA. I went vegetarian. Five years and one frat party later and I realized how much I liked hamburgers.

15. When I first met my husband I wouldn't date him because his name was Joe. In the 6th grade the school dork, Joe Callahan, asked me out on the playground in front of our entire class. I never lived that down and I hated the name with a vengeance thereafter. 

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover