Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Is This Real Life?

IVF #2 is kicking my ass. I'm an emotional basket case. And no, it's not from the 10IU of mood-unstabilizing hormones I'm injecting into my stomach daily. It's a combination of fear that this cycle won't work, fear that it will work and I'll lose the baby again, fear that I may never get to be a mommy and utter disbelief that I am here again. I keep hoping that the last few months were just a bad dream.

To say I cry (a lot) would be a gross understatement. I was thinking about how scared and excited I was the last time we walked this line and what I used to get me through the cycle. I remembered how many books I read and how much walking and running I did. There were lots of baths too.

On April 7, 2009, I was referred out for basic infertility testing. By the end of the month of April we were given a diagnosis of Unexplained Infertility. Over the last year I have amassed a pretty ridiculous collection of infertility related objects, many of which I no longer need. So…I'm giving them away on this blog. Everything from books that helped me process this experience to meds leftover from past IUI cycles. (As I get to the end of this cycle, I will also give away any of my unused IVF meds).

So for my first ever giveaway, I present to you The Couple's Guide to In Vitro Fertilization.



Both my husband and I read this (separately). It helped me understand the process and what I was about to experience. Even though I frequent an amazing community of women, some questions I simply felt too stupid to ask. This book answered even those stupid questions for me. For him, it was the first time he realized how detailed and serious the journey we were embarking on was going to be.

To win, simply leave a comment in the comment box telling me how you found my blog. That’s all folks! Giveaway ends Sunday April 25th at 8 pm EST. One winner to be chosen by Random.org.

Good luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover