Saturday, February 13, 2010

Week 4: Resolution Recipes and Review

Okay so I slacked on Week 3, but really we've been cooking at home. And we've eaten some amazing food. I can hear myself getting skinnier.

Again, I'm tracking everything, so if you're interested you can see what a week/day/meal looks like here.

I thought that I'd never take off my IF weight, but so far it's coming off. I'm hoping after this week's procedure that my hormone levels resetting will help too. My goal is to be back down to my pre-IF weight before we cycle again. It's lofty, but I think I can do it. And it's nice to feel healthy again.

The husband even took off three pounds so far, and that's without hitting the gym! This is a super good thing because as I tell him all the time, love isn't blind. It is honorable, patient and kind, but just because I married you, it doesn't mean my eyes have suddenly stopped working. I may be going to hell for telling you all that! Look, he knew what he was getting into when he married me...

All the recipes we use for dinner come from Cooking Light magazine. I recently bought this special issue at Barnes and Noble, but all of the recipes featured in this publication are online at myrecipes.com.



This first recipe is from Clean Eating Magazine, I've been making a double batch and packing them as either breakfast or lunch. Each recipe creates 6 turnovers, and they can be frozen for later use. They're super yummy and easy to prepare, I think my total hands on time is about 35 minutes and so far we've kept them in the fridge for up to a week with no issues.

Ham and Egg Turnover

Nutrition Information

Halibut Meunière


If you only make one recipe from my blog ever, this is the recipe to make. It was so easy and so good. We found these little bags of cleaned and cut fresh green beans at the grocery store that you pop in the microwave for 3 minutes and they steam. And I quartered 4 fingerling potatoes and tossed them with 1 tbsp of EVOO and threw them in the oven on broil with salt and pepper for 25 minutes. By the time the potatoes were ready so was dinner. And it was amazing.

Soy-Glazed Tofu


We made this with 4 oz of rice noodles (1 serving each). With rice noodles you boil water and then take it off the heat and cook the noodles in the hot (but not boiling) water for 10 minutes. I also threw sugar snap peas (in the pod) and sliced mushrooms (left over from the turnovers) in the hot water with the noodles. The sauce doesn't look like it will cover this much food, but it does. I topped the cooked noodles and veggies with 1 cup of chopped red bell pepper. Husband added Siracha to his, but he likes things spicy. Me, I'm a plain jane, so I loved this without the heat. So good, even if you are tofu skeptical.

So that's it for Week Four. I'm back in the saddle again and I'm totally going to make this resolution work for me, even if life throws me a curveball or two.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover