Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Half Marathon

Originally we were supposed to be cycling for IVF #1 right now and I was told I couldn't run in the half marathon I was training for. I stopped running at week 9 of my 12 week training program. When we found out, last week, that I wasn't going to be cycling until next month I realized I could run again. But I literally haven't run in three weeks. I decided to run the half anyway, even though the farthest distance I've covered so far is 9 miles. I think it will be good for me to just get out there and do it, and part of it is all mental. Convincing your body of what it's capable of handling. And I think if I just get out there and finish this I will feel such a sense of accomplishment. I need to prove to myself that my body can do something right. All week I've been thinking about heading out and just doing some short, 4-mile runs. But, I'm terrified to strap on my shoes and have a bad run. Today I really need to just get over the hump and get some miles under my belt. I have pilates today, so I'll run tomorrow, Thursday and Friday and then rest on Saturday. Wish me luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover