Tuesday, May 19, 2009

11 days to go

So the CD12 ultrasound showed my follies hard at work and my doctor predicted ovulation for last Sunday. I was able to confirm ovulation and our timing was excellent so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. I test or bleed in 11 days. I don't feel any different. Not sure if I should? But I'm glad that I haven't had any psychosomatic symptoms either. So we wait...

If we aren’t successful this cycle I start Clomid at the beginning of my next cycle and I have to schedule an HSG. I’m both excited and scared, but mostly happy to be trudging forward.

My doctor suggested I attempt some alternative means of destressing (i.e. acupuncture, yoga). So in true Niki fashion I booked myself solid and between Eastern and Western medicine my calendar is full. I have appointments for a massage, a chiropractor, pilates and acupuncture. After my last appointment next Tuesday I’ll decide what I thought was helpful and what I thought was gimmicky and go forward from there.

The acupuncture guy I talked to was uber alterna-guy, he talked like the sea turtles in Finding Nemo. I’m assuming, if nothing else, that I’ll get to leave his office with the lingering smell of patchouli on my clothes and my chakra cleansed. We’ll see. I probably shouldn’t be so skeptical, but I am.

If nothing else this will make for a few funny stories over margaritas with the girls.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover