Tuesday, April 14, 2009

One Twenty

The picture that started it all.


This is me and the hubs in 2004. Notice my 6 pack abs and his ridiculously sexy pecs. It’s from our first vacation and we were all of 24, with free time and fast metabolisms. This picture sits on a dresser in our bedroom. About 2 months ago, while we were dusting, my husband picked up this picture and said the unthinkable. “You were really hot back then…so was I.” Excuse me? Was that a past tense I just heard? He tried to dig his way out of it, but there aren’t tall enough galoshes to wade through that pile of shit.

And so began my ridiculous endeavor to look like I did when I was 24. At the time of my husband’s observation I was only 7 or 8 pounds heavier than I was in that picture, but my days of doing crunches until I swallowed back vomit have long since passed.

Anyway, my two-hour, daily, maniacal gym sessions are starting to pay off. I’m 4 pounds away from being 24 all over again and I still have two weeks before vacation!

Used to be hot…sheesh!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover