Friday, January 1, 2010

IVF Update

I had my first follie scan on Wednesday, I don't know really what I was expecting, but I was somewhat disappointed when I left. By Wednesday I had done 4 days of stims (Follistim at 200 x2 and 150 x2) and so far only my right side is responding.

I had three follies (11, 14 and 14). The nurses and radiology tech kept saying "it's still early". They also said I'm having an early response to the stims. So when I heard only three were there so far, I got discouraged.

Mostly, I was nervous that the three follicles I had would overgrow and be useless or that I wouldn't produce a lot of follicles altogether (I know it's quality over quantity, I'm just panicked). So I consulted some of my favorite women and found out that I am doing okay after all.

They left my Follistim at 150IU for now and I have my next clinic appointment tomorrow. I'm hoping to see some beautiful follies then. Fingers crossed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover