Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm on a reno rampage

I spent the better part of my morning dreaming up ways to "complete" our master bath. I can't really imagine the thought of a room actually being complete. However, this is a pretty comprehensive list of things to change and I think if we actually did these things I really may just be done *gasp*. So here's the mandatory list and the not-so-mandatory list of things I'd like to get done. Maybe we can even finish it before December? mandatory:

  • Inspired by many a magazine, I was finally able to convince J to remove the door from our linen closet and make it an open space when I showed him this exact renovation done by the fantastic couple over at This Young House. Thank you John and Sherry for finally helping me convince J that this needed to be done (even though you had no idea you were helping...I appreciate it!) Here's what I'm going for with this little project: Poor J doesn't know that I'm going to start it this weekend while he's out of town. I hope that I can surprise him with a finished beautiful linen closet when he gets home, although I forsee me crying in a heap of sheetrock and shelving by Sunday, wondering what I got myself into (HGTV I am not).
  • New faucet I found this stunner at Home Depot for just $59. Perfect.
  • New shower head and tub faucet for $124 at Home Depot -- not bad for the set.
  • New knobs and pulls for the vanity:
not-so-mandatory:
  • 42" Granite vanity top with sink bowl -- the price tag is what's selling me. Just $199 for granite in the bathroom. I can see our lux real estate listing now. Ahhh...
So for just $404.05 (including the granite!) the bathroom can be complete and look oh so lovely. One room down, six to go!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover