Tuesday, October 26, 2004

okay I will play

I have 15 minutes before I have to leave for class and I have been working incessently between classes and classes that I actually teach to complete my candidacy portfolio (as in, if my candidacy is not approved I get kicked out of my program halfway through the semester, nice huh?) which is being reviewed tomorrow night. Yay! So here I am wasting time with the evolution of life and death pending over my head. Go me...

TWO YEARS AGO, I...
1. was miserable working at Interview Magazine
2. thought I would kill myself if I didn't get another job quickly
3. called out sick for 3 weeks straight, until they fired me, just so I can ensure myself Unemployment Benefits

ONE YEAR AGO, I...
1. got laid off from my dream job after relocating for it, signing a brand new lease and bought a car
2. broke my lease, left my dream life and went on a road trip by myself to "find myself and refocus", met up with friends along the way in Virginia, New Orleans and various locations in Florida.
3. was wondering what I was going to do with myself and where my future was headed.

YESTERDAY, I...
1. woke up waaay too early to do homework, cooking Joe and I breakfast in the meantime.
2. did a disgusting amount of reading
3. gave myself a facial that removed most of the skin on my face, in a not so good - Darth Vader type way.

TODAY, I...

1. my kids at school made me feel awesome by requesting me as their tutor in my placement (they are supposed to write down questions not request tutors).
2. ate two brownies knowing that I won't be able to go to the gym for at least another 6 weeks :(
3. can't wait until tomorrow....

TOMORROW, I...

1. have portfolio review, which reminds me of the jury scene in Alice in Wonderland "off with her head!"
2. will run around like a chicken with it's head cut off
3. will wish it was Thursday so I could go out for a drink after work...
FOUR SONGS I KNOW ALL THE WORDS TO (THAT I'M NOT ASHAMED TO ADMIT) ARE...

1. Rhiannon - Fleetwood Mac
2. Wrapped Around Your Finger - the Police
3. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2
4. Here I go Again on my Own - Whitesnake

TOP THREE LOCATIONS I'D LIKE TO RUN AWAY TO ARE...(anywhere but syracuse!!!)

1. Belize
2. Jackson Hole, WY
3. the Meditteranean

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover